1.06.2010

winter wonderlandish

It's blizzarding here.
So stinking cold.
I was actually enjoying the snow before it started falling again. It glittered in the light.
Now there is so much of it that it's practically impossible to navigate the streets, the sidewalks. The piles take over parking spots. They overflow into the outer lanes of traffic. They are a mess and they cause lots of problems. Being pretty isn't enough to make me like them.
I decided to go to work today against my better judgment.
It wasn't that bad when I left. Light, fluffy flakes floating down. They didn't really stick to anything. The streets weren't icy. It was easy to drive. Safe. Or at least I felt safe. I could manage my little car. I got to work just fine. Didn't even slide around that much walking to the building in my high heels.
On the way out however....eh!
It was so slick I almost fell and on my butt a ton of times. The wind made it super cold and snow was blowing in my face as I tried to scrape my car. It took me 30+ minutes to drive my usual less than 20 minutes route home. Didn't help that I had to make a side-trip.
I decided to make myself soup for dinner (a goal of mine is to actually cook myself meals and not eat out all the time). Last night I bought all the ingredients for baked potato soup, minus green onions. An essential part that I forgot! So typical. Because of this I had to go to Wal-Mart after work. For the second night in a row. Booooo!
I not only bought green onions, but also oranges (only 40 cents each!), blue Powerade, and a BOOK SHELF!
Tonight it is my duty to construct this book shelf, it's black!, and unpack.
Yes I have been back in Lincoln for 3 days now and no I have not unpacked. I hate it. So much. Unpacking means vacations are over and who wants that? Not me. I've decided to live out of my suitcase until I run out of excuses not to. It may end up taking me awhile to build my book shelf...
Did I mention the thing weighs 35 lbs.? YIKES! I carried it through the snow and wind and up the stairs. So ridiculous. It's times like these that I wish I had a boy friend.
I'll let you know how it all (soup, book shelf, storm) turns out!

--Brynn

0 comments: