1.07.2010

I fancy myself a carpenter!

I'm too excited to not post again tonight.

It's official.

I BUILT MY BOOK SHELF!

It only took two hours, but I am now the proud owner of a black, oak finished, book shelf.
It's beautiful. Wonderful. Perfect.
It fits exactly between my window and my desk. Right where I wanted to put it.
It has 3 shelves, just like I wanted.
It matches my comforter.
It's beautiful. Did I already say that?!
And I can put my plant (that is only now slightly frozen) on top of it.

Side story:

I brought a plant back to school from my home. I have had this plant since my freshman year of high school. I'm now a junior in college. I'm slightly attached to it. I get attached to everything. Don't judge. Any way. I specifically warmed my car up for this plant. My mom rushed it from our house to my car. It was on the floor of my back seat so I turned the warm air on to feet warming. I took the best care of it that I could all through transport. The instant I got back here, I grabbed my plant and rushed upstairs. After all, I didn't want it sitting out in the cold while I carried up useless things like my suit case... Turns out the 2 minute walk from the parking lot to my building was cold enough to freeze all but two of the plants leaves. And this plant had lots of leaves. First they turned brown. Then they started to shrivel. Now they are crunchy and black. The stems are all fine though. And the two surviving leaves are green and shiny. I read on the internet that the plant likes humidity. So since Sunday, when I do shower, I shower with my plant. It sits on the bathroom floor, soaks up the humidity, and hopefully feels better. I feel so bad I froze it. But really, what was I supposed to do? I just hope it bounces back.

My notebooks and textbooks and reading books all fit.
Wonderful!
and I made it myself! No boys. Woot!
My soup turned out well too. And I have four little tupperwares full of it for leftover meals.
Still haven't unpacked. But I haven't showered in a few days either and I think that takes priority.
Oh! And I finished another season of House. On to season three. Then shower. Unpack tomorrow....maybe...
:)

--Brynn

0 comments: