1.03.2010

back to the grind stone

I gave up the internet (almost completely) for the two weeks while I was home over Christmas.
Now I'm back at my apartment, watching Dawson's Creek, debating about when to shower, hating that I have to go to work tomorrow, hating more that working means I am going to have to shower on a regular basis. I've grown used to slightly greasy hair. I like it. It's homey. So is wearing sweats all day and eating breakfast at 11 followed by lunch at 2 and dinner at 8. Not sleeping until 2 a.m. waking up at 10:30. Lovely.
Tonight I am actually tired. It's shocking really. And I'm waiting for a friend to call me. I haven't talked to her for a couple days and she's having boy drama so it's imperative I stay awake.
Emotionally exhausted might be more accurate than saying I'm tired.
I already miss my sisters. It's always hard leaving my family, but today especially sucked. This is probably because I spent my entire break at my house. I went out one night. It was completely lame. I discovered I like sitting on my couch. I like letting my dog (illegally) sit on the couch next to me. I like harassing my sister's about the boys in their lives. I LOVE being lazy. And dirty. Good news, I was sick over break so I couldn't smell myself. Showering takes too much energy. My sisters are finally old enough to be my friends. Each day I would hang out with a different sister. Doing different things. Video games. Stalking. Watching movies. So much fun. So relaxing. Healthy. Helping me regain my life. And spirit.
I became addicted to crime shows. Mainly Criminal Minds (when that wasn't on I settled for NCIS or CSI, but I really did not like them as much). I am fascinated by serial killers and profiling. I love it. Death doesn't freak me out. My over active imagination didn't even get to me. Instead of dreaming about getting hurt, I dreamed I was a crime fighter. A bad ass with a gun (not that I would ever know how to shoot a gun, but in my dreams, I rocked!). I kicked some bad guy butt. Was smart enough to outwit killers and tough enough to take them down. Loving it. Perhaps I'll join the FBI after college. Good plan? I vote yes. Sounds better than more school or working in a dead end job.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the New Year.
I guess I didn't mention Christmas because nothing remarkable happened. I had a perfectly normal, relaxed, family sitting around the tree opening presents Christmas. This is unusual for us because normally we skip presents and go on vacation. I can't remember the last time I stayed home for a holiday and spent time with my family. It was lovely. Which isn't normally something I associate with lots of family time. Good surprise. :)

--Brynn

0 comments: