12.11.2009

One Misfortune After the Other

I am having the worst night ever.
The badness started around 1 p.m. when I had to shovel my car out of 2 feet of snow so that I could go to work (a place I have been forgetting to miss during my past two snow days).
It continued when I got to work, did the things no one else wants to do, such as searching through 15,000 names trying to manually find matches that the computer missed because of spelling mistakes. This is just as fun as it sounds.
I then decided to be nice (bummer) and drive to pick dinner up for my room mate and I. It took me 20 minutes to get to Noodles & Co. from work. A drive that takes at most, if I hit every single red light, 10 minutes. It took me just as long to get from Noodles to the intersection where I work. 40 minutes of time wasted when I could have already been home. This was mistake number one.
It took me over an hour to get back to campus and when I got here I realized we have been banished from our largest parking lot. The grounds crew begged that we all stay out of the lot until after midnight tonight so that they could, please, oh please, clear away some of the snow so we could all safely drive/park.
I parked on the street, way too far away, and walked in heels over ice. Scary.
While eating, I decided I needed a break. My room mate and I popped in an episode of One Tree Hill (40ish minutes). Mistake number two: I watched the whole thing.
By this point it was 7:35 ish and I had a meeting to have my Spanish paper examined at 8. Seems okay right? Wrong. Half of my Spanish paper was written in English. I get lazy sometimes...Ooops. This ended up turning out fine, thanks to my new hero who can be found in my school's library. He is the nicest guy ever and puts up with my constant crap and moaning about Spanish. After he looked at my paper the first time I rushed down to the computer lab to translate the rest of it. I finished this 15 minutes before the editing place closed and the guy read over it too. (He's my hero, for real) Rather than save this to my flash drive however, I emailed it to myself thinking it would be just as easy and quicker. This will become mistake number three.
Back in my room, I allowed myself to be distracted way too often. By Facebook, by my room mates, by this blog. Eh. I started talking to a boy I meant to ignore until the end of time. We discussed things I have been trying to repress for about a month. Mistake number four.
While we were having this discussion I discovered....

I CAN'T LOG ONTO MY EMAIL.

What the hell am I supposed to do? Retype my Spanish paper which is due at 1 p.m. tomorrow? Go to sleep and say the hell with it? Cry? Sit in shock? I'm really at a loss. I finished all my other homework. Today, clearly was not my day. But I'm not feeling too bad about it. I think this is just because after tomorrow it will all be over. My finals week isn't that great, I love taking 18 credit hours!, but it won't be as bad as dead week has been. How ironic.

--Brynn

0 comments: