12.09.2009

Explanation

My current state:
Sitting on my bed. Sideways. My back is against the wall and my feet are hanging over the side. I have papers scattered all around me and I'm trying to create an argumentative Spanish paper that is due on Friday. My trusty LifeSavers Gummies Sours are by my side (even though I have eaten almost all of them). I'm wondering how much longer it's going to be before they are gone and I have to move on to the Sour Patch Kids I have hiding in the kitchen.
Do you care about school lunches? If they are healthy or not? How much they cost? Did you know a large majority of schools do not serve lunches that meet health standards set by the USDA (the part of the US government that funds the lunch program)? Did you also know that the USDA does nothing about this because they don't want to fit the bill of feeding America's children fresh fruits and veggies? I did. And my Spanish teacher is about to.
I spent the entire weekend and the better part of this week in our living room with my papers all over our coffee table and my computer sitting on the couch. This allowed me to watch Grey's Anatomy (an entire season's worth) while writing a different paper and studying for a test. Brilliant, I know. It also let me watch the snow fall...and fall...and fall.
Currently there is over a foot of snow outside. It snowed all day yesterday up until about 2 a.m. I know this because I was awake and finishing my paper when the snow finally stopped. I built a snowman in it and it was great fun. I also haven't had to work in the past two days or go anywhere really. Not that I could if I wanted to, considering there is snow piled up to the license plate on the back of my car. I'm probably going to have to work tomorrow, which means I need to find me a shovel... :) That's going to be a great story.
I guess I'm writing this because I feel trapped due to the snow.
I also feel that I should explain that I am not a slutty person.
I do not kiss many boys.
I don't get attached to many boys.
I don't trust them and I don't feel the need to use them for random make-out sessions.
I want a relationship, but I don't want to look for one.
I expect all things to come to me.
Crazy, right?
The point is, this weekend was a strange twist for me. Which is perhaps why I feel dirtier about it than I should. And being trapped with my thoughts, and my homework, isn't really making me feel better.
Good news is, I don't regret what happened. I just know better for future endeavors.
--Brynn

0 comments: