10.13.2009

Surprises around every corner . . . but nothing dangerous

So, things have been just strange lately, and as I read some of Brynn's posts I'm starting to wonder if it's the weather here in Middle-Earth. I mean, I'm a fan of snow when I have no where to go, but the second week of October?! That's absolutely ridiculous . . . plus, I'm starting to realize that my usual summer activity of wakeboarding didn't happen once this summer. Bring back the warm weather . . . or, at the very least let FALL go on a bit longer. It's by far my favorite season and yes, cheesy, but the trees look so amazing. The smell makes me feel calm and excited to enjoy the outdoors. Then. Snow. It melted soon after it fell but I have a bad feeling it's an omen of a horrible winter. Let's keep our fingers crossed, eh?

I'm looking through some of my ex-boyfriend's photos on Facebook the other day and I'm starting to realize that life takes unexpected paths. Let me first set this up: We dated only for a month and I ended it because I just wasn't into a serious relationship at that time in my life. He didn't seem to be driven and was living on the idea that he'd make it one day, even though he was living in his parent's basement doing nothing with his afternoons. Yeah, stupid. He's now playing an instrument in the band of one of Disney's major teen sensations and the other day I scrolled across a picture on his page of him on a flight with her and her friends (The Jonas Brotherss!!) back into the United States. People can surprise you.

I always assumed I'd be living a life like that one. Doing something different, something that made a difference in a creative way. I'm starting to realize that my new career avenue will do those sorts of things, but not in the way I had originally planned. Good move? Bad move?

On a different note, I'm auditioning in two hours for a show. Pretty excited about it/nervous. I guess that's normal when one decides to audition last minute and has to get an old Shakespeare piece up in time. Needless to say, working on this Shakespearean piece has made me remember how much I love the language.

It's hell week in Middle-Earth. I'm not talking about ringwraiths either, I'm talking about midterms. Yuckness. Luckily, the majority of my work for the week is done aside from some reading that I soooo intend on only doing if it works its way into my schedule. For now, I'm going to sit on my couch, look out the window, breathe deeply to calm the nerves/anxiety/and excitement of my upcoming audition . . . and listen to some Jo Bro.

Of these things I know:
1. I LOVE THE FALL
2. Good friends are hard to come by, and when you find them you should hold onto them.
3. There really is a thing as TOO MUCH coffee.
4. Washing your hands to prevent the Wilber Flu will no doubt make your skin dry in cold weather.
5. Carry around lotion and sanitizer to prevent number 4.
6. I don't know if A soulmate exists for everyone, but I think soulmates come into your life . . . whether they be girls or boys, friends or lovers, family or acquaintances that can make a huge impact on your life.
7. Sometimes it's okay to cry to yourself for no reason.
8. A good meal can make things so much better.
9. Be proud of yourself, even if it is something as small as unloading the dishwasher.
10. Never underestimate the dreams, hopes, or aspirations of anyone! Today it may be your parent's basement, but tomorrow it could be being a band for a Disney sensation and hanging with the Jonas Brothers.

The Readiness Is All-

Kendall on the Dark Side

0 comments: