10.04.2009

The joke's on me...even in my dreams.


A few nights ago, I had a very strange dream...which was more like a nightmare.

Rorie and I were living in a house with a few other people. Suddenly, our door was thrown open and a built, bulky, scary man, with a gun, barged inside. He started shooting at our friends. Helpless, Rorie and I ran into a closet with a thick metal door [very much like a door that we have in our current apartment] holding only a knife to defend ourselves. We could hear bullets pinging off of the door, but we were doing everything to keep it shut. The man began pushing on the door, with each shove he made more and more head way. At some point amidst this struggle the knife Rorie was holding went into her leg, making it impossible for her to run away. Eventually he pushed the door open far enough to reach in and pull Rorie out. Rorie shouted at me to try and get help, but mostly to get out of the house and save myself.

Which I did, running quickly across the street where I frantically tried to rip open the neighbors door. Unfortunately it was locked, but it was just a glass door and I could see our neighbors [and all their kids] sitting inside watching a movie. Wild eyed, I pounded against the glass screaming, leaving bloody marks, and fogging over the window. They FINALLY let me in, after loudly debating the situation. When I told them I needed to use their phone, it was an emergency, the youngest boy stated proudly that he had thrown it into the front yard earlier that day. While his parents proceeded to freak out on him, one of the girls handed me their cell phone [mine was conveniently non-existent]. I immediately called 911 only to be laughed at and told it was too late and that nothing could be done for me. I begged and pleaded with the woman on the other line, explaining that my friends' lives were in danger, but still got nothing.

I was then ushered outside, in full blown panic attack, heart racing, sweat pouring down my face, mode. And what do I see? Rorie, my other roommates, and the friends that had been in our house standing covered in fake blood, pointing and laughing at me. Turns out Rorie's brother had set me up. He was making a horror movie but they didn't let me in on that little secret because had I known, I wouldn't have been a good enough actress.

I woke up in a cold sweat, my heart racing, feeling like I was about ready to die. So not funny.

--Brynn

0 comments: